Well, my last post was 5 years ago. My journey ended because I quit. Next month, I will be 29 years old, and I know it is now or never. I started a new job last year in a corporate environment and I was pleased to find that one of the benefits was a free Weight Watchers membership as long as you lose 10 pounds every 3 months or until you hit goal. If/When you hit goal, WW gives you free membership.
My first 3 months went very well. I lost 11 pounds and felt good. This session however has been a struggle. After the holidays, I am finding that I am stuggling to slip back into it. I know my struggle isn't new and so many of us are going through it, but I'm hoping this blog will help me find my motivation.
One thing I am strongly battling is a soda addiction. I do not use the term addiction lightly. I have tried to quit many times. I have used Diet sodas as a patch of sorts, but it never sticks. Sodas are my one vice but I have to leave it if I'm going to be successful on my journey to health. I told my Weight Watchers group at the beginning of the year that my goal for the end of the year was to be a size 12. I am currently a size 16. If I am going to acheive my goal, I am going to need to get a move on.
I have a meeting with a Nutritionist next week and I'm hoping some expertise will help me on my path. I purchased a Fitbit and I really love it. It helps me keep up with how active I am, but nutrition is definitely something I could use some help with. Fast and convienent is usually my mantra with food, though that is not good in terms of health.
I've tried meal planning, but I'm a very social creature and if someone wants to go out, I tend to abandon the plan in order to spend time with people.
I do plan on updating this blog more often, and hopefully it can help someone like me.
No comments:
Post a Comment